I graduated from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, in 2020, with an Integrated (BS + MS) Master of Science in Physics. Currently, I am employed as Research Assistant at Theoretical Quantum Physics Laboratory at Riken, in Wako-shi, Japan until mid 2021. After which, I plan to start my Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Physics. Throughout my undergraduate years at IIT Kharagpur, my interest has been deeply inclined to Quantum Computing, its foundations and physical realization.
I believe in group research as much as I believe in individual ideas. So, do not hesitate if you are willing to work with me for a scientific collaboration or just willing to discuss scientific ideas in and around my research interests. Apart from physics academics, I enjoy Chess and adventurous sport!
Pre-Ph.D. and Undergraduate Timeline
As an undergraduate, my goal was to obtain as much research experience as possible. It was a very personal objective for me to work in all areas of quantum information and computing computing including the realizations in quantum optics and condensed matter theory. I wanted to work in an experimental lab at least once to find the best suited sub-disciple for myself in quantum computing. This was best possible by pursuing various research visits as internships around the globe. After that I pursued a research assistant position for an year to prepare myself better for research in Ph.D. To comprehend and be comfortable with the theme of the industrial research in quantum computing, I worked as a quantum algorithm developer and quantum theorist at an Indian startup BosonQ Psi. Pvt. Ltd.
- Mar, 2021 – June, 2021 | Quantum algorithm developer and Theorist at BosonQ Psi Pvt. Ltd. (Indian Startup)
- Jul, 2020 – May, 2021 | Research Assistant at Theoretical Quantum Physics Laboratory, RIKEN, Japan under Chief scientist Franco Nori
- Jul, 2020 | Graduated with BS-MS in Physics from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India | Master Thesis Defense
- Dec, 2019 – Jan, 2020 | Winter Internship at Universitat de València, Spain
- May, 2019 – Jan, 2020 | Remote Internship at Cambridge University, U.K.
- May – July, 2019 | Summer Internship at Universität Basel (Experimental), Switzerland
- Dec, 2018 – Jan, 2019 | Winter Internship at Universiti Malaya, Malaysia
- May – July, 2018 | Summer Internship at Tsinghua University, China
- Dec, 2017 – Jan, 2018 | Winter Internship at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, India
- June 2017 | Summer Internship at Raman Research Institute (RRI) (Experimental), India
- May, 2017 – Aug, 2017 | Summer Internship at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India
- Dec, 2016 – Jan 2017 | winter Internship at Harish Chandra Research Institute (HRI)
- Jul, 2015 | Admitted to Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India
© Siddhant Singh, 2020