I graduated from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, in 2020, with an Integrated (BS + MS) Master of Science in Physics. I also workes as Research Assistant at Theoretical Quantum Physics Laboratory at Riken, in Wako-shi, Japan until mid 2021. Throughout my undergraduate years at IIT Kharagpur, my interest has been deeply inclined to Quantum Computing, its foundations, and physical realization.
I believe in group research as much as I believe in individual ideas. So, do not hesitate if you are willing to work with me for a scientific collaboration or just willing to discuss scientific ideas in and around my research interests. Apart from theoretical physics and academics, I am a Chess addict and love adventurous sport (getting ready to earn my skydiving license)!
Pre-Ph.D. and Undergraduate Timeline
As an undergraduate, my goal was to obtain as much research experience as possible. It was a very personal objective for me to work in all areas of quantum information and computing computing including the realizations in quantum optics and condensed matter theory. I wanted to work in an experimental lab at least once to find the best suited sub-disciple for myself in quantum computing. This was best possible by pursuing various research visits as internships around the globe. After that I pursued a research assistant position for an year to prepare myself better for research in Ph.D. To comprehend and be comfortable with the theme of the industrial research in quantum computing, I worked as a quantum algorithm developer and quantum theorist at an Indian startup BosonQ Psi. Pvt. Ltd.
- Mar, 2021 – June, 2021 | Quantum algorithm developer and Theorist at BosonQ Psi Pvt. Ltd. (Indian Startup)
- Jul, 2020 – May, 2021 | Research Assistant at Theoretical Quantum Physics Laboratory, RIKEN, Japan under Chief scientist Franco Nori
- Jul, 2020 | Graduated with BS-MS in Physics from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India | Master Thesis Defense
- Dec, 2019 – Jan, 2020 | Winter Internship at Universitat de València, Spain
- May, 2019 – Jan, 2020 | Remote Internship at Cambridge University, U.K.
- May – July, 2019 | Summer Internship at Universität Basel (Experimental), Switzerland
- Dec, 2018 – Jan, 2019 | Winter Internship at Universiti Malaya, Malaysia
- May – July, 2018 | Summer Internship at Tsinghua University, China
- Dec, 2017 – Jan, 2018 | Winter Internship at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Kolkata, India
- June 2017 | Summer Internship at Raman Research Institute (RRI) (Experimental), India
- May, 2017 – Aug, 2017 | Summer Internship at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India
- Dec, 2016 – Jan 2017 | winter Internship at Harish Chandra Research Institute (HRI)
- Jul, 2015 | Admitted to Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India
© Siddhant Singh, 2020